Swap Time!

>> Saturday, April 4, 2009

Last night Mike and I went out and bought my yarn and a awesome pattern book for my Christmas swap. The book is 101 Crochet Squares. Figures, that the ferrets decided to want to drink out of my water glass instead of their bottle. So they kept dunking their heads in it while it was in my lap then shaking themselves off over my book. So it's already got the 'I'm loved' scars.

I'm still experimenting a bit to get the size correct. Each square needs to be 12 inches. That's a big square, and most patterns are written to come out around 6-7 inches. So far so good though. Although, it's been so long since I've crocheted I was doing my DC's wrong >.< Goof.

This is going to be a lot of fun, I predict. The first one I tried out is a really beautiful snowflake. I may just have to make one of those for each of my partners since I'm sending multiple squares to each person.

3 comments:

Kendra April 7, 2009 at 5:03 PM  

How in the world did you get all hooked up with this stuff??

Jackie April 7, 2009 at 5:48 PM  

I'm doing it through my group on www.ravelry.com Not all the groups do it, but I found a really great group of women. I'm going to post pictures of some squares as soon as I get batteries for my camera.

TiggerRD April 11, 2009 at 11:23 PM  

I usually use at least a size I hook for the patterns from that book and it helps a bit, but I still have to add my own unique touches to make the square meet the 12" requirement. You've made great progress with your blocks - well done!

  © Free Blogger Templates Digi-digi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP