On to the Next Chapter!

>> Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I have quite a few things I want to talk about, so this might end up being two separate posts. First and foremost, the Inauguration! It was absolutely amazing to watch history take place. I really wish I had the forethought to make a trip to DC for it, but I'm not sure if the city could handle any more people! Mike and I took extended lunches and watched the swearing in and the speech at the Old South church (which is beautiful). It was as close to being there as one could get without suffering in the cold. When they said to stand, we stood, when they prayed, we prayed. It was really awesome. I'm really looking forward to seeing how Obama is going to put into place all the changes that are needed to dust us off. :)

Since I hate ending on a sour note, here's my gripe for the post: FAFSA changed their qualifications for independent student status. I'm not kidding, it's now TWENTY FIVE to be independent! WHAT? They really think parents support their children for 7 whole years after high school? Sorry, but I don't know -anyone- who's parents have done that. But, I don't know any privileged children either. Here's how I feel about this. If the drinking age were 19, I am currently 18 and 7 months old. Oh, just kidding, they changed the drinking age to 21! And then, when I'm finally 21, they change the drinking age back down to 19. -.- I'm really upset! I was so thrilled to finally get more financial aid!

Alright, so a good note to end on! Mike's cousin is having a baby (yaaay!) Of course he forgot to tell me until two days ago and she's supposed to be having it this week. Goof. They don't know what sex it is so as soon as they have it his mom is going to call me and I'm going to knit away! If it's a boy I'm going to make a hat and booties out of the same yarn I made the previous baby gifts in, only blue and green. If it's a girl I only have enough for booties and maybe some mittens. I have some yellow and green I could use, but they are really, really, bright. Mike said I should just knit both because there's always babies to pawn off booties for. And, if I make a hat and it's a girl I could probably sell the hat to MK so she can sell it at the store. (maybe I should do that with the booties...)

1 comments:

Kendra January 22, 2009 at 8:11 PM  

You make me laugh!!! I'm super excited to see you updating this again!! I'm going to attempt to do the same! I love how EXCITED you are in all your posts! hahaha LOVE YOU! :)

  © Free Blogger Templates Digi-digi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP