No Opportunities Wasted

>> Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I can't believe how long of a journey this has been, but I am officially starting a new job!

I am working for the MSPCA as an Animal Care and Adoption Counselor!

Who's surprised?

There's a lot of hands on work. Taking care of the animals but also doing/assisting with preliminary vet checkups. Animal behavior tests. All sorts of fun stuff!

I'm surprised. I beat out 75 other interviewees and it's taken over a month for this whole thing to finally come to an end. It took me 3 days to track down my current boss to tell him. That equals my stomach in knots for that entire time, but it went smoothly. I'm hoping the find someone soon, or have a work study student take over most of my load so it doesn't fall on the Lab Manager.

I may need to start cleaning out my desk now... nearly three years means I probably have stuff here I didn't even realize. Which reminds me; I found a t-shirt I've been missing for at least a year in my locker at the toy store! I've really missed that shirt too. LOL

1 comments:

Kendra September 30, 2009 at 3:18 PM  

Yay!!! Congrats!!! I can imagine that you're going to LOVE LOVE LOVE that new position! :) I'm so happy for you!!! **hugs** Now you'll have to keep us updated on all your adventures with this job! :)

  © Free Blogger Templates Digi-digi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP