Oh Dear

>> Friday, November 16, 2007

Hello darlings.

We will skip past the 'Oh yay Sox won Sox won' bs and onto the real point of this message.

I've done a bit of soul searching lately. Mostly last night while sitting in a dry tub with all my clothes on, shoes included. We won't discuss how I ended up in a tub with all my clothes on, just know that that's where I ended up. I'm getting a part-time position at a little toy store for the season, yes I realize I'm crazy. But here's the reasoning behind it; I have been out of the world for over a year, even more so since February when I started my current job. I quiet literally have no face to face interaction other then with my friends or neighbors. Not all of this is my doing, but I can't say I've been doing much to reverse the situation.

Money has been tight lately. I have been lost as to how some people have money they can just spend frivolously, when I can not even find money for simple things that would improve my life. They are not needs so I push them aside. This was the first reason for getting a second job for the season, or maybe even permanently if I enjoy it and can swing it. The second reason I have stated above, I need interaction with warm human beings. Not just words on a screen. My mind works well but my body language and mouth have atrophied.

Therefore I am doing this more for my mental health then for the monetary gain. I am worried that I won't spend as much time with Mike, however, this is something I need and we will both gain from it. He told me he felt bad that I felt I needed to get a second job to help out (even though I barely make enough for my own bills let alone our shared ones) but I reassured him as to why I was doing it and he said I could work as many shifts as I wanted to.

So I plan on it. And I'm going to take half of what I make to pay off debt, and the other half to do as I please with it. Which will most definitely be enjoyable. We are also moving at the end of the year which will help slam me back into world of people. New roommates makes for new opportunities and friendships.

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Digi-digi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP