One more thing

>> Saturday, December 18, 2010





Earlier this year we lost Buddy Rich. Above is one of the last photos I have of him with his favorite ball. He'd lost a lot of weight at this point. We only found out afterward, but he had a tumor on his intestines. One night he seemed to be doing very poorly and I took him to work with me the next day so I could keep an eye on him. By that afternoon he had passed. I'm thankful I had the foresight to bring him with me and also thankful he held on until Mike could come and say Good Bye.



Baby missed him a ton and seemed to fall into a pretty bad depression without him. I don't blame him, he was never away from Buddy since he was 8 weeks old. A couple of months after, a stray ferret came into the shelter who stole the hearts of everyone because she was so neat in her cage. After an exam by the vet we found out she was around 7 years old (that's really old in ferret years), had an enlarged spleen, and likely had some adrenal disease (which Baby also has).

I spent some time with her at work and she sat either in my sweater or on my shoulder, perfectly content for close to half an hour. I was won over and so was Mike. I brought her home that night and within a couple of days Baby and she were snuggled together and Baby was back to his old self! They are a super cute couple and Mike has named her Victoria. She is very loving and playful and fits right in!

With each loss comes the opportunity for a gain. I'm so happy for all of us, but especially Baby, that Victoria has come into our lives. I think she's just as happy to have us since she gives us kisses every time we hold her.

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Digi-digi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP