New Petfinder.com App

>> Thursday, February 25, 2010

I have taken over running Petfinder.com for the shelter. I think there is a lot of information that we can put out there for people. And a lot of browsers of the site could become new adopters!

I got an email from Petfinder yesterday morning announcing the new IPhone App. Sounds really awesome! So I download it right away and went searching for our dogs.

I couldn't find a single one! I searched in just our zip code and just for pit bulls to see if that would help, nope. On the real site we are on the second page in our zip code. I searched through 10ish pages on the app and couldn't find us. I find it extremely frustrating that a large organization like the MSPCA isn't easily found.

My only other gripe is that while searching the only thing you can see is a small picture of the animal. If you make your search criteria, then all those dogs should be a good mach, but then it's just on looks alone. But I understand that a lot about an animal that attracts people is their looks, I'm the same way. I'm really a sucker for anything gray, dunno why.

Aside from that the app seems pretty well put together. I think it's very clean looking and not too bulky. I read a review that said it crashed a lot, but so far it hasn't for me. I'll have to fiddle around and see how I'm going to get our dogs up onto some of these search pages!

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Digi-digi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP